It is with great joy that we announce the first ever beer on tap at Enoteca Drinkery & Refuge brewed by Enoteca staff.
Sierra Nevada Beer Camp beer brewed by Enoteca staff member Russell at Sierra Nevada Brewing Company in Chico, California!
99 IFA Tapping Party TONIGHT – Friday!
Tonight is very special, we’ve just tapped this special beer and we’re throwing a party! Come order a pint and be the first to try it! Every pint ordered on Friday will get an entry to win. We will be drawing for prizes every half hour, and drawing for grand prizes at 7pm and 9pm. The grand prizes are a 2010-2013 Vertical Set of Bigfoot Barleywine, and a Horizontal Set of the 2011 Ovila series. Russell will be on hand to answer questions about the beer, beer design process, Beer Camp, Sierra Nevada, Ovila Abbey, and anything else you can ask.
Exclusive Beer found only in Las Vegas, Fort Collins, Bellingham, Bend, Sun Valley, Chico and now Post Falls!
Why did we call it 99 IFA? Russell’s Beer Camp group was the 99th one to go through Sierra Nevada, and California State Route 99 drives right through Chico. To the right you can see the official keg collar, but below that you can see what we had envisioned for a label, should one ever be made.
Want to know whenever a new amazing Craft Beer is tapped? Sign up for Keg Tap Text messages here. Be in the know!
What’s on Tap? You can always see what we have on tap by at our website under Craft Beer > What’s On Tap? We don’t keep any beers on permanently, every single one of our 11 tap handles is in constant rotation. It’s the ultimate in Post Falls Beer variety!
Win These Special Sets Tonight
Sierra Nevada Tap Takeover Beer Camp Edition
Thursday, August 15th from 5-8pm we’re having a Sierra Nevada Tap Takeover Beer Camp Edition featuring this fantastic Beer Camp #99 beer, as well as the two most recent winners of Beer Camp, July and August’s Brewers Dozen beers, and a very very special and rare keg of Barrel Aged Ovila Quadrupel. Do not miss this event, it will be fantastic. Door prizes every 1/2 hour, and special deals, oh yeah!
Bring your growlers on Thursday for some growler fill specials!
99 IFA Beer Specifications
- Single hop 2013 batch Nelson Sauvin
- French Saison yeast at a low temperature to bring out spice notes
- Europils, Wheat, Pale and Special Golden Malt blend
- Golden color
- Intentionally hazy but not cloudy
- Beautiful head and lacing
- Fresh and refreshing beer is perfect for this summer
- 5.9% ABV
- 65 IBUs
- 30 barrels total produced on the Sierra Nevada pilot brewing system
99 IFA Beer Tasting Notes
This beer is meant to be great tasting, refreshing, crisp, and unique. Perfect for our warm summer weather. Get a stainless steel growler fill for your River Float or come sit on our patio in the sun and drink a few pints.
The first thing I notice is a big huge citrus aroma, the Nelson Sauvin’s remind me of an orange peel, big rindy citrus oil aromas. Reminds me of the Fresh Squeezed, aromatically, but the yeast lends further depth to the flavor profile. There’s a bit of a “Belgian” flavor, a finish that is reminiscent of Brett beers, but this comes across more approachable than some of the other super-belgian styles out there. One of the spice notes is like ginger, which makes it feel very fresh and refreshing. All in all very quaffable and enjoyable! I could drink it all day long. Come try a pint and tell us what you think, or tell everyone with the review links below!
Swing by for a pint or a growler fill today!
Do you review beer?
Help us represent well! My co-brewer Jeff from Tap & Handle in Fort Collins has a lot of support online for this beer, let’s show what north Idaho is about and get the word out. If you’re ever in Fort Collins, stop by Jeff’s bar and tell him hi for us.
- 99 IFA on BeerAdvocate – let’s see how many from Enoteca can post their thoughts! Mention where you’re having it!
- 99 IFA on Untappd – check in and post that you’re drinking this here!
- 99 IFA on RateBeer – review it and let people know where you are!
Where else can I find it?
Only a hand full of kegs of this beer were sent to our market, and we’ve made arrangements to have kegs tapped at our friend’s bar in Spokane, Manito Tap House, and our friend Sam Lang at Fire in Coeur d’ Alene has a keg to put on. Thank you guys, what a great beer community we have!
Upcoming Event Reminders
- Month of August: Dog Days of Summer Fundraiser
- August 10th: Ladies Night! Saturday nights, 7-9pm – special menu
- August 12th: Member Monday – Buy 1/Get 1 drinks for Members 4pm-close
- August 14th: NEW Whiskey Wednesday – keep an eye out for details, this is going to be awesome.
- August 15th: Sierra Nevada Tap Takeover!
- September 5th: Widmer + Cigar City Gentlemen’s Club Beer and Old Fashioned cocktail event.
- Great Wine Deals from Portugal up to 65% off
- Oxford Landing Summer White Wine Offer
- New Summer Cocktail Menu
- Enoteca Singles Program