The Abyss has immeasurable depth inviting you to explore and discover its rich, complex profile. Hints of molasses, licorice and other alluring flavors draw you in further and further with each sip. And at 11% alcohol by volume, you will want to slowly savor each and every ounce.
“The Abyss was one of those beers I didn’t want to end. I was totally blown away – this is precious stuff.” Christian DeBenedetti, beer writer and Men’s Journal contributor
11% ABV, 70 IBUs, 22 oz. wax-dipped bottle, Best After Date: 11/15/12
We’re expecting to get some Abyss within the next few weeks, and we recommend placing your order now to be first on the list to get some for yourself.
[Member: $11.69 / Retail: $12.99 / Case Each: $11.04]
Place your order here. We will do our best to fill it, but with a limited product like this we cannot guarantee availability.
Here’s what Deschutes has to say about it:
- 2011 marks the sixth release of The Abyss
- Imperial Stout brewed with blackstrap molasses & brewer’s licorice
- “Dry-hopped” with vanilla beans & cherry bark
- 28% aged for 6 months in Bourbon, Pinot, & Oregon Oak Barrels
- Notes of vanilla, chocolate, dark fruit, caramel, toffee, and espresso
- The Abyss is the heart and soul of the Reserve Series
- Malt Profile: Pale, Black, Chocolate, Wheat, Black & Roasted Barley
- Hop Profile: Millennium, Nugget, Styrian, Northern Brewer